Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Last Chance (Part Four)

LAST CHANCE


a film by

Paul Bowler

all rights reserved


beardyfilums@gmail.com


PART ONE PART TWO PART THREE PART FOUR


This is the fourth draft of this script and I had thought it the definitive draft until I did a read through with my friends. They highlighted some flaws and more importantly gave solid advise on how to deal with those flaws.


I like this script and because my friends were so positive about it, I am looking forward to working on the fifth draft. Feel free to comment and/or email me your opinions.







EXT. COMMERCIAL BUILDING - NIGHT


John Henry opens the trunk and quickly bundles Calvin over his shoulder and enters the building with Linda following.


INT. COMMERCIAL BUILDING UPPER LEVEL - NIGHT


John Henry drops the lifeless Calvin into a chair and then looks at Linda.


JOHN HENRY

Make sure every blind on this level is closed.

Double check them.


Linda nods and begins at the nearest blinds, pulling the string even tighter on the closed blinds. She keeps moving around the upper level.

John Henry begins to carefully bind Calvin in the chains, looping the chain around him and securing it with several padlocks. He uses two padlocks and the end of the chain to fashion manacles for Calvin’s wrists.

As he finishes he hears a crash of a door from downstairs. He looks across at Linda, who is on the opposite side of the buidling, she freezes and looks back at him. He reaches for his gun but Linda shows her hands to indicate that her hand bag, with her gun are on his side of the building.

He nods at her and uses his hands to tell her to get down. She gets on her knees and begins to slowly crawl back towards Calvin.

He goes to the bag on the next desk and takes out an assault rifle. He takes a clip and slides it in and cocks the weapon, he puts a couple of clips into his pockets and approaches the balcony and has a quick look down.

He sees several men with guns fanning out. He steps back before they see him just as Linda gets back. She gets her gun and looks to John Henry for instruction. He whispers to her.


JOHN HENRY (CONT’D)

Get behind the desk, if anyone makes it up here, shoot them.


She nods and he begins to move towards the other side of the building so he is behind the intruders. He looks at them again and by their dress it can be seen that they are there for him, not Calvin.

When he is behind them he steps up to the balcony and begins firing into their backs. When the clip is empty he drops it as he surveys the damage. He sees four down, two injured who are crawling for cover and there are others shooting blindly from behind desks. He steps out of view to reload. He then moves half way back to Linda and Calvin.

He stops and looks again. The wild firing continues but no bullets come close to him. He pauses to consider what to do. As he looks at the ground floor he see two men opposite him. He aims and empties the clip into the two of them.

He drops the clips and steps back as the survivors finally begin to home in on him. Bullets begin to hit the walls around him. He looks at the stairs to see a man rushing up them towards Linda. He hurriedly puts in a new clip as the man gets to the top of the stairs, but before John Henry can shoot there’s a shot and the man is propelled back down the stairs. He hits the floor lifeless.

John Henry takes a breath of relief and then leans over the balcony to shoot directly below him. He steps back after only a few rounds and runs towards Linda. He suddenly stops and turns and sees the two surviving men standing up and shooting at him. He takes careful aim, ignoring their shots and kills both of them.

He carefully looks down for more survivors but sees no one. He returns to a shaken Linda, who is kneeling behind the desk with her gun still pointed at the stairs.

He picks her up and hugs her.


JOHN HENRY (CONT’D)

Good shot baby.


He doesn't wait, he walks down the stairs with his rifle ready. He begins searching the lower floor. As he moves around, checking the dead bodies he sees Nelson, leaning back against an upturned desk, holding a large wound in his thigh.

John Henry approaches him with his rifle aimed at his head. He checks him for weapons and finds none.


JOHN HENRY (CONT’D)

It looks like hanging around you is

dangerous Nelson.


John Henry lowers his rifle and puts it on the floor as he kneels next to Nelson. He inspects his wound.


JOHN HENRY (CONT’D)

You lucky bastard Nelson, here’s another

certain death you have avoided.


John Henry yanks a bandana from Nelson’s head and pushes into the bleeding wound. Nelson groans in pain. John Henry ignores him and looks around. He sees a dead body close to him and he roughly takes the dead man’s tie off. He begins to wrap it around Nelson’s Leg.


JOHN HENRY (CONT’D)

Here’s another lesson for you Nelson. When you

go to a shooting match with men in ties,

then you are out of your depth.


He finishes knotting the tie.


JOHN HENRY (CONT’D)

You understand?


Nelson begins to cry quietly as he holds his bloody wound. John Henry looks at him for a while.


JOHN HENRY (CONT’D)

If you are going to stay in this business, know

your limitations. Now, how many outside?


NELSON

Three.


JOHN HENRY

Your gang or men in suits?


NELSON

Both.


JOHN HENRY

OK, hopefully you can trust one of them to get

you to a hospital then. Can you move.


NELSON

I think so.


JOHN HENRY

Then start crawling. The cops will be here soon.


John Henry reaches for Nelson’s gun, he unloads it and then pushes it into Nelson’s pants.


JOHN HENRY (CONT’D)

And get gloves for Fuck sake.


Nelson pauses in the act of moving.


NELSON

I’m out, after this, never again.


JOHN HENRY

Good, I won’t always be around to save

your life Nelson. Now Fuck off.


John Henry stands up and walks away without looking back. He climbs the stairs. Nelson beings the laborious task of crawling towards the door.


INT. COMMERCIAL BUILDING - UPPER LEVEL - NIGHT


John Henry returns to Linda and Calvin.


LINDA

What now?


JOHN HENRY

Nothing we can do. There are more outside and

the only way they are leaving is if they kill

us or the cops arrive. I’m figuring on

the cops showing up first.


LINDA

The cops? Then what do we do?


John Henry looks at Calvin.


JOHN HENRY

If he cooperates, then the cops will not be a problem.


Linda raises her finger to begin arguing with John Henry, but he smiles at her and takes her hand in his.


JOHN HENRY (CONT’D)

Baby, don’t forget what he is. With his power,

we will be free forever. Safe forever.


Linda doesn't look too convinced but nods.


JOHN HENRY (CONT’D)

I saw what I saw.


LINDA

OK baby, this mother fucking freak is going to save us.

OK, everything will be OK.


She rests her head against his chest and closes her eyes until there is a groan from Calvin.


They both look over at him, too surprised to stop hugging.


CALVIN

What the hell?


INT. CABIN OF A SAILING SHIP - NIGHT


Calvin, My Lady and Karlson are sitting in the cramped windowless quarters, around a small table, drinking wine. Calvin looks pensive.


MY LADY

Do not worry my friend, the Captain is to be trusted.


CALVIN

It is not the captain that I mistrust My Lady.

It’s this entire project.


KARLSON

We have discussed this Calvin and at some length.

My Lady has decided that you must strike out

on your own and that should be the end of it.


My Lady rests a restraining hand on Karlson’s hand.


MY LADY

My Heart, he does not owe me obedience.


Karlson sits back in annoyance. Calvin looks at him, unhappy at annoying him so.


MY LADY (CONT’D)

Calvin, as I said, you do not owe me obedience,

but I would have your trust.


CALVIN

Of course My Lady.


My Lady raises her hand to interrupt him.


MY LADY

Before you came into my care, you were not

discreet in your activities. You are known to

people with the resources to be a danger

to you. In the Americas you will be free to

explore your talents, safe from those who would harm you.


Calvin looks crestfallen. Karlson looks at him thoughtfully.


KARLSON

You are not leaving our friendship Calvin. You are

not leaving our thoughts, you will be forever in them.


My Lady looks at Karlson with tears in her eyes. Karlson looks at her and subsides in embarrassment.


MY LADY

Thank you My Heart.


She looks at Calvin and takes his hands in hers.


MY LADY (CONT’D)

There are no goodbyes for those of our kind,

who are bonded by friendship. The world is

too small and time too plentiful for us not to meet again.


Calvin nods and then looks at Karlson.


KARLSON

I will not say we will meet again friend, but

neither will I say we won’t.


Karlson and Calvin stand and shake hands. Karlson leaves uncomfortably.

My Lady smiles after him.


MY LADY

It would seem that I am no longer the only

person to have seen his true heart.


She stands and hugs Calvin.


MY LADY (CONT’D)

Be well my friend, I expect good stories when we meet again.


Calvin nods, unable to speak. She leaves and he sits again. Staring into space, thinking.


EXT. DOCKSIDE - NIGHT


Karlson hands My Lady into a covered carriage and then gets in after her. The carriage pulls away.


INT. CARRIAGE - NIGHT


My Lady and Karlson sit in companionable silence, facing each other, as the carriage rocks back and forth.


KARLSON

Do we return to the hunt My Lady?


My Lady pauses for several moments before answering.


MY LADY

No My Heart. The hunt has ended.


Karlson looks at her in confusion.


MY LADY (CONT’D)

I am sorry for keeping the truth from you and

from Calvin but he and I are the last.


KARLSON

The last?


MY LADY

My maker gave me one task, save our kind.

Four thousand years of hunting and instruction

and now I am finished. Calvin and I are the very last of our kind.


She looks at Karlson fiercely, he is momentarily stunned. Then realisation hits him.


KARLSON

How many My Lady?


My Lady’s gaze softens.


MY LADY

I fear the look on your face, if I told you My Heart.


Karlson looks at her, then moves to her side of the carriage and pulls her to him.


KARLSON

You keep threatening to teach me to dance My Lady.

I think I may have run out of distractions. I only

ask that no one watch my humiliation.


My Lady laughs before kissing him deeply.


INT. COMMERCIAL BUILDING UPPER LEVEL - NIGHT


John Henry and Linda are sitting down facing Calvin who is slowly gaining an awareness of his situation.


CALVIN

Who are you? What do you want?


JOHN HENRY

I am John Henry and this is Linda.


Linda smiles uncertainly at Calvin as she is introduced.


CALVIN

I'm afraid you have made a big mistake here.

My people have been left with strict

instructions to never negotiate, if I am kidnapped.


John Henry looks at him.


JOHN HENRY

I was in the hospital that night, that night you were with your wife.


Calvin looks at him nervously.


CALVIN

So this is about blackmail?


John Henry laughs.


JOHN HENRY

I don’t want your fucking money. I need what you gave your wife.


Calvin stares at John Henry in stunned silence. As he and John Henry stare at each other there is the sound of police sirens in the distance. John Henry breaks the stare and checks his watch.


JOHN HENRY (CONT’D)

Not long to sun up.


He looks at Calvin.


JOHN HENRY (CONT’D)

Do you hear me?


CALVIN

Why should that matter to me?


Linda grunts in disgust and picks up her hand gun and shoots Calvin in the shoulder. He is thrown from his chair as John Henry looks at Linda in confusion. Linda meets his stare and shrugs.


LINDA

If’s he a vampire then a gun shot won’t mean shit to him.


John Henry considers the point then nods once, accepting the point. They then both look at the sprawled and groaning Calvin. Watching to see what he does. After several moments watching.


LINDA (CONT’D)

He’s not getting up baby.


JOHN HENRY

Maybe he’s acting more hurt than he is?


This is greeted with a groan from Calvin.


CALVIN

You shot me.


Calvin struggles to turn around and face John Henry and Linda, there is blood pouring from his shoulder.


LINDA

Shit, he looks bad.


John Henry stands up and lifts Calvin back into his chair. He then looks at the wound, then presses a finger into it. Calvin shouts in pain and almost collapses.

John Henry steps back and flops back onto his chair and stares blankly at Calvin. Linda looks at John Henry, waiting for him to say or do something. Eventually she gets a blouse form her bag and presses it into the wound. Calvin takes over pressing the blouse and Linda also flops down onto her chair.


CALVIN

Would someone please explain what the Fuck this is about?


John Henry continues to stare. Linda looks at Calvin.


LINDA

We think you are a vampire.


Calvin looks at her and then at John Henry then back at Linda. He begins to laugh, he laughs so much he has to stop as it is hurting his shoulder.

They hear screeching of tyres outside and John Henry immediately stands and gets his rifle and heads for the stairs.


EXT. - COMMERCIAL BUILDING - MORNING


John Henry steps out of the building as three police cars stop in front of the building. He begins to shoot at the cars, destroying their engines and tyres. The cops get out of the their cars and are forced to retreat on foot.

John Henry walks towards the cars as he puts in a new clip, he spots a cop who couldn't get away fast enough. He points his rifle at the cop’s face.


JOHN HENRY

My name is John Henry, I am holding Calvin

Huguenot hostage. If you come in after us, he dies.


John Henry then uses his rifle to hit the cop in the belly. As the cop doubles over John Henry walks backwards to the door and goes in.


INT. COMMERCIAL BUILDING UPPER LEVEL - MORNING


As John Henry rejoins Linda and Calvin, Linda stands up.


LINDA

What happened?


JOHN HENRY

I told the cops who I am.


LINDA

Why did you do that?


JOHN HENRY

I have a reputation babe, they’re not going to come

in now unless they really think they have to.


LINDA

I don’t understand?


JOHN HENRY

They will try to negotiate and only when

they think Calvin is dead will they send

SWAT in. So we have time to work something out.


Linda nods and sits down again. John Henry joins her and looks at Calvin.


JOHN HENRY (CONT’D)

I know what I saw you bastard. You are a

vampire and unless you help us, unless

you save us I will put so many fucking

bullets in you, they won’t even

be able to identify your body.


CALVIN

You are insane. A Vampire? Do you know

how ridiculous that sounds? You saw nothing.


John Henry stands and points his rifle at Calvin.


JOHN HENRY

This is your last chance.


Calvin suddenly stands up.


CALVIN

Fuck you.


He lifts his chair with his good arm and throws it with all his strength through the nearest window. The chair destroys the blind and the window behind it, all of it crashing onto the ground outside. As the glass and blind disappear all three of them are bathed in sunlight, causing them to blink.

John Henry stares at the crouched over Calvin, who is struggling to breath after his exertions and totally unaffected by the sun light.


JOHN HENRY

But I saw you?


CALVIN

What did you see John Henry?


John Henry goes to answer, but can’t form any words. He backs up to his chair and sits down.


EXT. COMMERCIAL BUILDING - DAY


Several police cars and two SWAT vans arrive at the building. Uniformed cops begin to cordon off the area as others take up positions all around the building. They see the chair coming through the upper level window and tense up. SWAT officers, with sniper rifles head to the surrounding roofs and take positions.

The police officer John Henry spoke to is speaking with a senior officer who has a bull horn, as the chair hits the ground.

The senior officer nods and dismisses the other officer, he then faces the building and brings the bull horn to his mouth.


INT. COMMERCIAL BUILDING UPPER LEVEL - MORNING

Calvin is sitting down, breathing hard, bathing in the morning light, from the window he has just shattered. John Henry looks at him incredulously.


POLICE NEGOTIATOR (BULLHRON)

Is everything OK in there John Henry?

We have the building surrounded

so escape is not an option here.


John Henry drags his eyes from Calvin and looks at Linda who is looking at him in confusion.


POLICE NEGOTIATOR (CONT’D)

John Henry?


John Henry sighs in annoyance and walks to the opposite side of the building and carefully uses his rifle to push open a window through the blinds.


JOHN HENRY (SHOUTING)

Just a bit of redecorating, everyone is still

alive up here. And it will stay like that

as long as you bastards keep the Fuck out.


POLICE NEGOTIATOR (BULLHRON)

John Henry, you know the game here,

you all live or you all die. Just walk out now.


JOHN HENRY

I am negotiating with my guest. When

these negotiations have been successfully

concluded, I will inform you, now

be a good cop and get us some pizza.


John Henry doesn't wait for an answer. He walks back to Linda and Calvin. He drops his rifle and flops down on a chair. He rests his face in his hands.

Calvin looks at him carefully and Linda sidles up to him and puts her arms around him. She tries to hug him but he doesn't return the hug.


LINDA

Baby, I don’t understand, what do we do now?


He doesn't answer.


LINDA (CONT’D)

Baby, I’m scared.


He suddenly stands up and pushes her away and looks at her angrily as she is sprawled no the floor.


JOHN HENRY

I don't have all the fucking answers. Why don’t you

come up with a good idea for once? What

fucking use are you to me? Why don’t you

for once rely on your own fucking

brain instead of sucking me dry?


Linda begins to cry, shock and hurt on her face. John Henry turns away from her.


LINDA

You said he could save us. You said he was a

vampire and I believed you. I fucking believed you.


John Henry sags and turns back. He sits on the floor next to Linda and offers her his arms for a hug. He waits for her to agree and then he embraces her.


JOHN HENRY

I’m sorry baby, I’ve killed us both. But I saw

him, I saw what he did with my own

eyes. I don’t understand.


John Henry raises a hand to his head in pain.


JOHN HENRY (CONT’D)

Fuck.


He reaches up to the gun bag and reaches inside it and pulls out a plastic container of pills. He opens it and takes two pills and swallows them dry. Calvin watches on.


LINDA

But if he killed his wife then we can blackmail him?


Calvin flinches at her words and John Henry looks at her thoughtfully. Then asks her gently.


JOHN HENRY

Are you hurting baby?


She nods at him.


LINDA

Pretty bad.


JOHN HENRY

Take a hit, we are going to be here a while.


She quickly and excitedly retrieves her box and begins the process of shooting up. Calvin watches her and John Henry watches Calvin.


As Linda begins to shoot up Calvin notices that John Henry is staring at him.


CALVIN

What?


JOHN HENRY

What did I really see?


Calvin looks away and watches Linda subside in bliss.


CALVIN

Where are my sons?


JOHN HENRY

Jamie was found tied up in his bathroom a

couple of hours ago and the cops will

have taken a very angry Gary from my

car not too long ago. I can

get the cops to confirm that if you want.


Calvin shakes his head.


CALVIN

Did you tell them anything?


JOHN HENRY

No, this is just a simple kidnap for ransom gone wrong to them.


CALVIN

There isn't enough money in the world to buy

you out of this John Henry.


John Henry nods in agreement.


CALVIN (CONT’D)

And the moment they hear the word Vampire,

you can’t even blackmail me.


Again John Henry nods in agreement.


CALVIN (CONT’D)

Then why am I still alive?


John Henry looks at Linda, asleep, with a beautiful smile lighting her face. Calvin follows his stare and after a while he nods.


CALVIN (CONT’D)

You think you can still bargain for her?


JOHN HENRY

Yes.


CALVIN

But you haven’t anything to bargain with.


JOHN HENRY

Vampire or not, something happened in that hospital.


CALVIN

I helped end the suffering of the woman I loved.


JOHN HENRY

And I have killed to save the life of mine and I will keep on killing.


CALVIN

What were those pills?


John Henry purses his lips, deciding how to answer, eventually he decides.


JOHN HENRY

Brain tumour. I'm going to be dead soon.


CALVIN

And you thought a vampire could save you?


John Henry looks at him, looking for signs of derision. He doesn't see any.


JOHN HENRY

Yes.


Calvin sighs.


JOHN HENRY (CONT’D)

Are you going to tell me the truth?


CALVIN

I already did John Henry. My beautiful wife

was in pain, I ended that pain.


John Henry looks at him then back at Linda.


JOHN HENRY

I don’t know what to do.


Calvin nods in understanding.


CALVIN

I guess you either kill me or you give up.


JOHN HENRY

I am untouchable, but she isn’t.


Calvin doesn’t answer. John Henry looks at him, waiting for him to say something. He then comes to a decision and he relaxes. Calvin notices the change in his demeanour.


CALVIN

What?


JOHN HENRY

I don't know what to do Calvin Huguenot,

so I will leave it up to you.


CALVIN

What?


JOHN HENRY

I don’t know what you are, but I think I know

who you are, so as I am out of options, as I

can’t save her life and I can’t put a bullet in

her head, I am going to leave

her fate in your hands.


Calvin looks at him in shock. John Henry stands up and walks over to Linda and stares down at her. He rests a hand gently on her scalp and bends down to kiss her softly on her lips.


JOHN HENRY (CONT’D)

I wish I was more than I am baby. I hope you get to live

as I should have helped you live.


He stands and walks back to his rifle.


CALVIN

Do you really think this will work?


JOHN HENRY

I’ll be dead, so what does it matter?


INT. COMMERCIAL BUILDING UPPER LEVEL - MORNING


John Henry takes a new pair of leather gloves from the gun bag and peels the others off before putting the new ones on.


JOHN HENRY

My last pair.


He picks up his rifle and aims at the windows on the opposite side of the building and begins firing, shattering most of the windows and bringing down many of the blinds, he keeps firing until the clip is empty.

He then takes a deep breath and looks at Calvin.


JOHN HENRY (CONT’D)

I think maybe dying for the one I love is

easier than killing?


He stares at Calvin who can’t hold his stare. He looks away in despair. John Henry takes a bunch of small keys from his pocket and throws them to Calvin.


JOHN HENRY (CONT’D)

Her life is in your hands now and I have no way to

make that matter to you. But please save her.



There is the sound of windows breaking downstairs. John Henry doesn’t react to the sound, he keeps staring at Calvin who eventually looks back at him. They stare wordlessly at each other but this time John Henry looks away.

He squares his shoulders and sprints towards and down the stairs, there are several shots and shouts and then silence.


INT. COMMERCIAL BUILDING - GROUND FLOOR - MORNING


Calvin stands at the top of the stairs, looking down at the bleeding John Henry who has his right hand reaching up, as if he is trying to touch something.

Members of the SWAT team file past Calvin who looks behind him. He then looks back down at John Henry as he hears the SWAT officers shouting, behind him, at Linda.


SWAT OFFICER ONE (O.S.)

Show me your hands, show me your fucking hands.


Calvin continues to stare at John Henry and then reaches a decision. He turns to face Linda.


CALVIN

It’s OK, put the guns away, she’s with me, the bastard

kidnapped and drugged her too.


He looks back down at the five SWAT officers as they surround John Henry. One of them kicks away his rifle. John Henry lips move as if trying to speak.

The SWAT officer who kicked John Henry's gun away is closest to him, he looks back at the leader of the team for instruction. The team leader shrugs and then takes very careful aim at John Henry's head, moving around so that the other officer can hear what John Henry is saying.

The SWAT officer kneels down and puts his ear to John Henry's lips. He listens for several moments and then John Henry's arm drops, as he dies.


CALVIN (CONT’D)

What did he say?


SWAT OFFICER TWO

Didn’t make sense.


CALVIN

What didn't make sense?


SWAT OFFICER TWO

He said the dawn is coming and it is beautiful.


Calvin nods and momentarily looks affected by John Henry's words before realising the situation.


CALVIN

The man was obviously mad.


Calvin turns as Linda is supported down the stairs. He puts his good arm around her and shields the semi aware Linda from John Henry's corpse and walks her towards the exit.


EXT. ARIZONA DESERT - NIGHT


My Lady is sitting cross legged facing Calvin. They are relaxed.


CALVIN

My Lady?


She nods.


CALVIN (CONT’D)

Are we the last?


MY LADY

Why do you ask?


CALVIN

I never met another of our kind, after a century it

occurred to me that perhaps there weren't

any more to meet.


MY LADY

Yes, we are the last.


They don’t speak for several moments, both lost in their own thoughts, yet comfortable in their silence.


CALVIN

How long have you been here?


MY LADY

I came after the last war. I was curious about this new World.


CALVIN

Do you like it?


My Lady shrugs.


MY LADY

I’m afraid that without Karlson’s guidance

I have come to see one human civilisation

as indistinguishable from another.

I fear I have run out of things to discover.


Calvin nods in understanding. They face each other in silence for several moments. Calvin smiles suddenly.


CALVIN

Did you ever discover the truth about sun light My Lady?


My Lady smiles at him as she answers.


MY LADY

Well done Calvin. Perhaps my curiosity is not dead.


She leans forward to move next to him, but pauses and looks at his chains.


MY LADY (CONT’D)

Do you need help my friend?


Calvin follows her eyes and looks at his own chains. He shakes his head as if embarrassed.


CALVIN

Not necessary My Lady.


He quickly curls his thumbs into the palms of his hands and there is the sound of bones crunching. He then extracts his distorted hands from the manacles. He then flexes his hands back into shape, he flexes them and they are healed.


MY LADY

So you are curious too?


CALVIN

You had a cause My Lady, I have had love.

Now we have neither.


My Lady nods and sits beside him. He puts an arm around her shoulder as they face the slowly brightening horizon.


EXT. ARIZONA DESERT - DAWN


The west side of the boulder slowly begins to cast a shadow as the sun rises above the boulder.


MY LADY (O.S. WITH AWE)

Beautiful.


The boulder disappears in the sun light.


INT. CALVIN’S LIBRARY - DAY


Calvin enters the room to see black out curtains hiding all the windows. Linda is passed out on a couch on one side of the room. He looks at his desk and sees the chair facing away from the desk, hiding the occupant.

He closes the door behind him. As he approaches his desk the chair turns, to reveal a very healthy and beautiful Jennifer.


JENNIFER

Is she gone?


CALVIN

Yes, she found me there, as I thought she would.


JENNIFER

And the sun light?


CALVIN

She has been dead for centuries sweet heart,

she had no reason to want to survive the sun.


Jennifer stands and comes around the desk to greet Calvin. She hugs him.


JENNIFER

So we are safe?


CALVIN

There is not a creature on this planet

that can harm us now.


Jennifer laughs and then looks hungrily over at Linda.


JENNIFER

We are free to do as we please then?


Calvin takes her hand and leads her over to Linda. He reaches down and yanks Linda’s blouse away, exposing her neck fully.


CALVIN

We are free my love.


They grin at each other and hold each other’s stares as they kneel beside Linda.


Fade out


The end


No comments:

Post a Comment